Wednesday 27 February 2013

Cleansing using my own, home made wee (urine that is)...

Here I am sitting having just received my first order of sls free hair products. I also recovered some snippets on making your own cleaning products. But to round off my efforts to cleansing myself I started to rub my own urine all over me after having a shower using my sls free, all natural body wash by Burts Bees to smell nice (at least before applying the golden substance!).

I want to clarify, I was never really paranoid about living a healthy life style. I enjoyed eating meat, chocolate was a 'cannot live without' treat on a regular basis and 'sls' did not mean a thing to me. (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is what I am referring to and it is in most shampoos and body washes - if u want to know more read http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/07/13/sodium-lauryl-sulfate.aspx).

That all changed in the past two months since being back from Mexico. I have been so sick during my holiday and ever since returning back to the UK that I feel my body is SHOUTING at me very loudly and in an utterly convincing fashion that I just cannot ignore any longer.

First I threw out my fluoride filled tooth paste remembering the days in kindergarten when they fed it to us in tablet form to make us resilient against the radio activity floating about post the Chernobyl disaster. Fluoride I have learnt (http://www.fluoridealert.org/articles/50-reasons/) is not good for us and not necessary to keep our teeth clean, so I chucked it out.

Other symptoms of me not feeling great are tiredness, bloating, diarrhoea, vomiting, colds, ulcers and the latest blocked sinuses. I am fed up with this and want to feel better so I decided to listen to my body and as a second step become a vegetarian and do a liver cleanse. Next I will make my own cleaning product and refrain from buying any man-made material used for clothing as I get a headache from wearing such items.

But for some reason the grossest thing I decided to do is probably the urine therapy. I admit freaking out about the potential smell of using urine for therapeutic reasons, as I really do not wish to become an outcast. All the other things are weird enough to freak out many of the people I know, including my spouse, but this feels like a last resort worth trying.

Sadly I have lost my belief in school medicine and in particular doctors as all they do - in this country at least - is to prescribe antibiotics or ask if I am pregnant. Whenever I consulted with them in the past I was left on my own. Hence I came to the conclusion to listen to my body and do what I know I can do to make living in a highly polluted city more bearable.

I shall let you know how it goes... and please let me know if I do smell weird! ;)

By the way, the 1 minute exercise I did to interrupt old behaviours did not work very well for me as I zoned out and somehow 'forgot' about it every time I did engage in the old behaviour - fooling yourself 101 worked perfectly!

Much love, light and freshness,
Your Urban Yogi

Aged 1, playing in the garden - with water, not wee!

No comments:

Post a Comment