Thursday 27 December 2012

Careful what you wish for!

During the farewell party the last evening in Merida it dawned on me that this 'Living in the Heart' business is going to be a tough one in London. The group had been such a pool of inspiration as well as an anchor; getting several hugs daily was normal, people seeing who I really was beyond looks and the ego made me feel so accepted. I am aware that I will draw on the support of those fellow heart-lifers during the next few months/years(?) until this becomes second nature to me.


But what means 'Living in the Heart'? An anecdote of my first day back in the London reality might clarify this. Before leaving to go on this trip (http://www.ireneviglia.com/#!journey:-passage-to-ascension) I had made efforts to balance my life better. Thus I spoken to one of the families I work for stating my desire to maybe cut back on my hours in 2013 and not work on Wednesdays anymore in order to attend to my (secret) passion - writing and illustrating childrens' books. However, on the inside I was also worried to lose out on income and I somehow believed that I was too 'irreplacable' to the mum to really cut my hours. So when I got my new contract with reduced hours handed the first night back to work I gulped. The thought of less income made my stomach twist, my jet lagged mind started to rationalise - how silly was I to cut hrs, childrens' books are not (yet) making up my income, was I mad?


I took a deep breath. This was worrying as I knew it before, my mind creating a drama where there was none. While breathing out slowly, calming down I sensed that my heart made a leap, that actually it was good, I was on the right track, following my truth. I wished for time to attend to my passion and it was granted. The mind might struggle to accept that the best decisions not always have to be the rational ones, but the ones that ultimately increase happiness in your life. This is what living in the heart is about. So I signed the new contract and saw myself working on my stories and illustrations every Wednesday from January 2013 on, which made my face smile big times.

Though I shall be careful what I wish for in 2013 ;)

Much love,
Your Urban Yogi
My version of Alice meeting catperillar

1 comment:

  1. this is so good :D as long as your wishes come from ur heart there is nowhere you can go wrong :)) you me and our hearts know that, it is only the mind that needs "time" to understand it eventually :)

    ReplyDelete