Sunday 30 December 2012

Reminiscing over a cup of tea

Looking back at the year gone by is THE thing to do on a 30th of Dec, at least in my life. Some people make big plans for the year ahead and hope for 'better' things to come, whatever they may be. I have always been rather nervous about a new year, not been a great fan of the unknown as it makes my stomach twitch. This year I feel more upbeat about what is to come.

Having a cup of tea with a younger, but nontheless wise (and utterly charming) friend of mine this afternoon we chatted about 2012 and all the things that shaped us this year. Her sharing those major experiences made me realise that more of us daredevils are out there, driven by the urge to do things differently and looking for ourselves along the way. Not conforming and questioning the status quo isn't the easiest things to do and may alientate some people we have been close to over the years. However, once we can let our guard down and speak our hearts (which is a pretty scary thing to do) it opens something up. Being frank and bold in combination with the best intention (e.g. speaking from the heart) has so far been a pretty good ride. I like what I get in return a lot. My attitude has pathed the way for others to share their views and intimate thoughts, which I am grateful for because I feel I get to know friends that bit more. I am looking forward to more of that in 2013.

With that thought I wish you all an exciting 2013!

Much love,
Your Urban Yogi

No comments:

Post a Comment