Friday 11 January 2013

'You got a third eye right here' I told an 8 year old today



'What the heck are you doing?' I hear a wee freaked out voice rationalising with me, trying to point out that in fact it is not the greatest idea to talk to an eight year old in the medical room of school about his third eye. Somehow I have got to agree, but it was too late, I had said it. We ended up in medical because this boy felt a migraine coming on. He is utterly aware of his body and had pointed out to mum in the morning he was feeling 'a bit white' when he got to school. Over the morning he was a star, which was handy as the school was being Ofsteded and I had my supervision too. It was only before lunch time that he got paler and paler rubbing his forehead.

My supervisor, who knows the boy's behaviour patterns pretty much inside out pointed this out to me and asked him why he thinks this migraine is coming on. He responded 'I've eaten chocolate yesterday'. It is mind boggling that an eight year old boy can tell me a list of things that he 'knows' (he has not been tested for this but just figured it out!) are bad for him and give him a headache. 'You know there is one new chocolate I can have, it has not got caffeine in it' he reveals. It is mad for me to think he has got such an awareness yet is classed as having 'special needs'. While he was covering himself with the blanket in the nurse's room we had a bit of a chat about where it hurts and if he was feeling any better. He then closed his eyes and I figured I could ask in silence permission to give him Reiki and I did.

A few minutes into the short treatment, me humming away, he quietly mumbled 'Thank You'. He still had a headache, but opened his eyes. For the last couple of days I was able to really see him and look far beyond his eyes that hold much more wisdom than one should at the age of 8. At this point it just bubbled out of me. I touched his forehead and shared 'You got a third eye right here... when I first began to use it my head hurt a lot too' (fellow AITH meditators can sympathise!). I continued by telling him that he did not even had to use his other eyes to see with it and with those words I closed my eyes to 'see'. It was at this point my mind screamed 'Are you flipping mad Sarah! This is an EIGHT year old and you are in SCHOOL, shut it!'

But as I opened my eyes he had closed his again. He already knew. He didn't ask me any questions. He did not protest or showed any signs of confusion.

'Autistic' children never cease to amaze me and push me to my personal limits. During lessons his favourite occupation is to predict the behaviour of his tutors, aiming to outwit us. It is true that he might not be terribly aware of social norms, but who needs to do that when you are living in your heart? ;)

Keep the learning coming left, right and centre!

With amazement & bemusement,
Your Urban Yogi

PS: if you fancy finding out more about your third eye: http://www.mysticbanana.com/pineal-gland-our-third-eye-the-biggest-cover-up-in-human-history.html




No comments:

Post a Comment